Friday, September 14, 2012

36 weeks



How far along? 36 Weeks- EEk! THANK GOD!!
Total weight gain: More than enough, although I have only gained a pound in the past 2 appointments. Can I get a Hallelujah!
Maternity clothes? Absolutely. But I have slowly begun to put some of them away knowing my due date is drawing near and I will soon no longer need them. I still have my maternity work pants and jeans but that is about all I am wearing now as far as maternity clothes go. I have put the maxi dresses up for the season and am ready for my NORMAL fall clothes! 
Stretch marks? Not a one!
Sleep: It has gotten to the bare minimum. My back hurts so bad I cannot get comfortable, but I found that our tempur pedic mattress actually made it worse (it was too hard for my belly), so I am now sleeping alone in the guest room. :( 
Thankful for sweet Copper who keeps me company. 
Best moment this week: Starting our cervix checks at the doctor's office, packing the hospital bag and  our family baby shower! 
Miss Anything? Being able to sit on the floor and get back up by myself, tie my own shoes and see my belly button. 
Movement: Constant. and a bit creepy. You can almost make out her hands and feet now when she pushes. I know it sounds bad to say my daughter makes me a bit nauseated, but she does. It is just so cramped in there now, her movements HURT!  
Food cravings: mostly side items, salad, sweets of course, but NO meat. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing
Belly Button in or out? Out and bruised a little from the pressure
Swelling? My wedding rings do not fit too well. My flats are too tight so I am confined to flip flops. Cankles of America, ladies and gentlemen. 
Happy or Moody most of the time: I am more happy this week. I feel that the nesting has set in and I have a bit more energy to get it all done. I have washed all of Rilynn's clothes and have a list of last minute items to purchase before she gets here. We had the carpets and couches cleaned last week and I am wrapping up last minute details at work. Getting down to the nitty gritty! 

Looking forward to: Delivery!!! Get.out.of.my.bell-ay...



Notes:

We took a last minute vacay to Orange Beach for Labor Day weekend. It was super nice. We stayed in a penthouse which was awesome for me since I didn't plan on getting in a bathing suit anyways. I spent the weekend shopping, got a pedicure, spent evenings in the jacuzzi tub, cooked in the amazeballs kitchen and watched football all day Saturday and spent Sunday on a boat, getting me a cheeseburger at Pirate's Cove. Everyone else went out every night and woke me up in the wee hours of the night which was super annoying, but it was karma when it was time to wake up- I was up bright and early feeling like a million bucks while they all moaned and groaned until lunchtime or after. 


Us Weekly + The Hills= one relaxing day in the condo


The island on Sunday of Labor Day weekend


Pirate's Cove!


Sunday of this week, the Holden clan threw us a family baby shower. It was so nice of them to do that and it was great to see the whole fam one last time before my delivery. My gift from the aunts and uncles arrived at my house a little early- it was awaiting us when we got back from the beach, actually. I was stoked about it and hubs immediately put it together for me. I.LOVE.IT. and I love that it isn't an eye sore in the abode. 





Rilynn's Mamaroo Swing

Hubs put the car seat in this weekend, too. My cousin is a paramedic and offered to do it at the shower so hubs naturally wanted to put it in himself and just have my cousin "check" his work. Hubby did a great job, and actually over-installed the thing. AND we realized how cramped it is in the backseat so it looks like we are in search of a new car pronto. Anybody need a car? Mine is for sale! 



A few other items we received: 


Hubs with his "Daddy-proof" onesie


Rilynn's burlap hanger made by my cousin


Rilynn's snack tray for her stroller (that we have yet to purchase)! 

We are so so blessed to have such great family and friends to share with us during this time. It is getting surreal as we near our due date!

We visit the doctor again tomorrow to start the cervix examinations... fun stuff. But hoping these exams will help us get a better idea of how close we actually are to meeting our baby girl! Wish us luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment