Tuesday, August 14, 2012

showered with love.

Sunday was my very first baby shower. I was in heaven, I was overwhelmed, I was still not comprehending that I am having my own child! But my wonderful friends went above and beyond to throw me a precious baby shower, from the pink striped straws to the handmade onesies and over-sized baby block displays. Everything was in pink and grey- my main nursery colors. There were delicious mini strawberry cupcakes as well as my favorite strawberry punch. My bestest made me an adorable diaper cake and another friend made a precious headband stand that held headbands matching the onesies on display that her mother had made for little Rilynn. Another girlfriend of mine has become quite the expert wreath maker since joining Pinterest, and thanks to her, Rilynn now has an adorable pink burlap wreath on her bedroom door.



It was all very, very special. And boy, did we rack up! I spent the majority of the shower opening gifts- no complaints here- as well as oohhing and aahhing over all the adorable things I was going to get to take home for Rilynn. We got play mats to bathers and enough clothing to almost last her whole first year. The hostesses all gave me my amazeballs car seat as well as my Posh Pusher! I have given about 4 Posh Pushers to friends in the past year or so- I was so excited to finally get my very own!

**Side Note: If you don't know about these super precious and awesome hospital maternity gowns, check them out here. A girl I went to high school with is a neonatal nurse who decided there was no reason we couldn't deliver our babies in style. There are many different patterns & ribbon colors to choose from, they have snaps for easy breastfeeding, and you can now even order precious matching outfits for baby to go home in.

A few items of sentimental value that were given to me at the shower:
Rilynn's first sterling silver baby bracelet, a sterling silver trinket box from Levy's Fine Jewelry that will hold her first tooth, an exquisite pink bonnet I picked out with a friend that Rilynn will wear to her christening, and a tiny pair of opal earrings that had belonged to Chris's aunt when she was a baby. She had held onto them to give to her daughter, but her daughter had a little boy. Plus, the little girl in line would preferably need to be an October baby since Opal is the October birthstone... Rilynn is the first granddaughter on Chris's side of the family and her due date is still October 5. Hopefully she will stay cookin' and cooperate with our plan! And then of course, what Campisi baby would start her first football season without her very own Auburn cheerleading outfits? Even if we have another grueling season, Rilynn is set to be the cutest Auburn cheerleader around!

It was so nice to see all of my friends and family there for me and baby girl. I still just can't believe it is my turn to do all of this. How many times have I attended baby showers in my life and the thought has crossed my mind: Will I ever be the girl in that seat? My very own baby shower?? 
I am trying to take it all in and embrace all of the joy. I know there are many many women out there who would give anything to be in my shoes, and I know it is a true miracle and blessing that will be emblazened in my memory forever.

Here are some pictures from the day. And thank you again to all of my hostesses- I really can't thank you enough for how much you have done- and all of our friends and family who came and celebrated with us. I am so grateful...




And I just HAD to add this picture- Mom gave Rilynn a little stuffed animal that looks just like Copper. Cop was so intrigued by it when we got home. Such a cute picture of my babies! 



No comments:

Post a Comment