Monday, May 20, 2013

whats been goin on

Besides monthly updates for the nugget, we have just too.much.going.on.around.here.
Seriously.
So I thought I should probably recap it all so I don't forget later down the road...

We lost Ginger, the family Dachsund, at the beginning of the month. It was super hard on all of us. My mom and stepfather got Ginger a month after they got married, 12 years ago. She watched me, my sis and our step-brother go through middle school, high school and college. She had lived in 3 different homes with us and passed away right before my parents move into their new house. She lived a long life of love but we will still miss her so. In honor of Ginger and a new house, Ginger was buried in the natural area of the new home and we are going to plant some flowers and such around her resting spot. Mom put a letter in her casket that my stepdad built for her. Mom is also going to hang her collar on a hook in the new laundry room- just as she would if she was still here.


Pets are not just pets. They are truly an extension of our family. Sometimes a better extension of our family. Hell, I sometimes think I like more animals than I do people. They are 100% loyal and loving companions. I guess that is why it hurts so bad when they leave us. Mom told me this quote and it helps with the pain of losing sweet Ginger: 



In some lighter notes...
We celebrated Ri's friend Will at the beginning of May as he turned one!




And this time last year we had just found out we were having a girl, and we spent Mother's Day weekend talking about how crazy it was that this time next year, I will be a mom. That time has slammed into my face at 90 to nothing and I cannot believe Mother's Day is in honor of me for the first time in my life. What? We spent this one also celebrating Mom and Jessica's birthdays. 

Seester's 26th birthday



Wearing our matching Shelley Bee Originals skirts- they were a hit!

Early morning snuggles on Mother's Day

Helping GiGi read one of her Mother's Day cards

sweet gift from Jessica & Gigi for Mother's Day

Mother's Day weekend was full of love, food and good company. Saturday I even got to squeeze in some shopping with mini and lunch with my girlfriends from high school and all some of the new babies.


And have spent the rest of any down time since then on this!


We are now in the last week of school for the year. I have this week and one more sans kids before I can kick back with the babe for 2 months. It couldn't come soon enough. 



No comments:

Post a Comment