Friday, January 4, 2013

reflections for a new year.



I don't really like starting my new year with things I need to be better at, or stop doing. What ever happened to reflecting on the past year's positives? The good times that need to keep on rolling? Of course we all have things we need to work on but life isn't about dwelling on all the negative stuff.

As far as my happys go for 2012, I would say the following:

1. I think I did a pretty damn good job of trying to continue vacations, outings and social time while being massively pregnant in 2012. I don't want to continue the pregnancy trend this year, but I do plan to continue making time for myself, my friends, and getting some laughs as well as some R&R in when I can. Booked trip to Cabo in March is resolution execution numero uno! And no, the babe is not going. 

2. My balance among work, home and being OCD has continually gotten better. I have slowly started to let go of being a perfectionist at everything and it has really helped level me out. I hope to continue this as baby is added to the mix and my days are busy from sun up to sun down. I even leave the house every day now with the bed still unmade- this is huge for me. I know Chris will get it after I leave. Being late for work because I couldn't stand leaving things like the bed unmade? Not anymore!

3. Finding out we were having Rilynn was a moment I will never forget. And I was scared for my life. But her birth day was the best memory I have of 2012 and she has now become my life. The irony of it all.

And of course I do have a few things to work on: 

1. Being present with Rilynn. I don't want to spend all of my moments with her while multi-tasking. As she gets busier, I want to do the opposite. Slow down, and take it all in- which also means getting my money's worth of the DSLR I got as a push present. I want pictures of Rilynn's every move this year.

2. I was officially back in my pre-preggo jeans on New Year's Eve. They may have been plastered on, but by George, they were ON! My goal for 2013 is to keep it that way. I am not saying I am going to work out much because I know I won't. The last thing I want to do is go to the gym after work while my child waits for me at daycare. But again, trip to Cabo with a fumpa? I don't think so.

3. Debt. Woof. I was doing so well (eh, not really...) at not spending money on crap in 2012. But then little baby stuff came into the picture. Not only do I need to quit buying adorable shoes and such that baby will wear for only a couple of months, but I really need to be putting money into my student loan debt that will forever haunt me. Boy do I ever resent myself for thinking I had to go away for college... the bar scene and skipping class sure seem to have been expensive decisions these days.

I would add more but I think I am going to leave it at that. The more "resolutions" one piles up on themselves, the less likely any of them will actually get done. I think these will take up most of my time anyways.

I am looking forward to so many fun memories this year- Hubs will turn 30, Rilynn will see the beach this summer, 4 more of Rilynn's friends will be born (that we know of), Rilynn's first Valentine's, Easter, Christening and first birthday party. She will start walking this year. We will hopefully be in a new home- our forever home-by this time next year, and I hope to be more confident in my job and where I want to be with it. I am so happy with the outcomes of 2012 and I pray that 2013 brings prosperity and health to all of my loved ones. There has been so much tragedy lately and I thank the Lord for keeping us safe, though I also pray for continued blessings for others as well as ourselves.

Bring it, 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment