Friday, June 1, 2012

halfway point. 20 weeks


How far along? 20 Weeks and I cannot believe it. Only 20 weeks or less to go!?
Total weight gain:   not sure since the doctor's office scale is different from mine, but I feel like I am gaining about a pound a week. 
Size of Baby: according to the baby center.com, she is the length of a banana! 
Maternity clothes? Almost! I have said goodbye to ALL of my normal pants. Thank God for summer dresses. I had a meltdown last week when it was scorching outside and I had nothing to wear to the store. Hubs was so sweet to then console me, hand me the credit card and told me to go shopping. So I am now sitting very comfortably in a soft, stretchy t-shirt and jersey skirt. :)
Stretch marks? Nope! Fingers crossed it stays that way! 
Sleep: Sleep has been better. No night sweats for a few nights, thanks to hubs turning the air down LOW... did have a weird dream the night of May 15th.
Best moment this week: Feeling Rilynn kick, and our beach vacay
Miss Anything? Still missing Michelob Ultra, especially out on the beach and on the boat! And toting the boys around to Florabama has been quite a fete for a pregnant girl. 
Movement: We felt Rilynn kick for the first time May 15th. She has been going at it ever since- must have her daddy's legs! Thank God.
Food cravings: Not really. I actually haven't been too hungry except for normal meal times. ??
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope! Still avoiding perfumes at all costs but that is it.

Labor Signs: No 
Belly Button in or out? 
In between
Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy! But wishing I had more money to spend on all the cute girl stuff!! 
Looking forward to: Finishing Rilynn's precious nursery

Note: the dream I mentioned above: I dreamt that I FORGOT I had a newborn at home and went somewhere where I couldn't get home to her and she went her first two days of life without food! What the hell?! I am going to interpret that this means my motherly instincts and worries are kicking in, and I am being my normal Type A self, worrying about keeping her on a feeding schedule...

Another Note: I did not do a post with the chalkboard this time. Among end of the school year stuff, throwing a wedding shower at our house and our beach trip, the time had come and gone before I got a chance! So, here are two pictures from the beach trip this past week. The bump is not very noticeable in the pictures, but trust me, she is out there! 





It was a beautiful trip to the beach... the weather could not have been more perfect. It WAS a bit hot for a pregnant lady so I had to get in the water a lot and stay under a tent. AND I was in my first one piece ever and I was not happy about it. 

However, we still managed to get me a cheeseburger at Pirate's Cove, Dippin Dots, and ate at Louisiana Lagniappe. I also got a mani/pedi, did some shopping for Rilynn, and visited our ole trusty Florabama a few times. 

Rilynn loves the beach already. Most of her kicking for the week was done when I was sitting by the shore. :)  It is hard to believe this time next year, she will be sitting next to us on the beach. We are so excited! 




No comments:

Post a Comment