Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Twenty Twelve


I think it is pretty obvious that for the new year, I need to brush up on my blog posting skills. I have gotten worse and worse about it! Not gonna lie though, I feel that the uploading of the pictures part of blogging has become rather time consuming and it alone has put a major slacking in my efforts. I write this as I am skipping my Christmas posts as they too, still have pictures needing to be uploaded.
Anyways, so I decided to do a post today of the new year, knowing there is not much else but words to sum up 2011: boring. We really did not have too terribly much going on this past year. We had friends get married and/or engaged, and we have had a baby booming here recently, but the babies are all due in 2012. Copper has been the highlight of my year! Ha. We didn't take any crazy trips, our jobs are still kickin at the slow pace that they are, and every is just as it was a year ago.
Now, I know I am supposed to be happy that things are still continuing to thrive instead of anything bad happen, but sometimes, just truckin along for 365 days gets rather dull.
I was so ready for the new year. I have things to mark off my bucket list, and hobbies from my past that I am now determined to begin again. Its just going to be MY year... simple as that. :)
Here are my 2012 "To-Dos" rather than resolutions:
1. Quit biting my nails. This has been number one on my list since I was in high school. But I am serious this time- its gotta stop. I will be 28 years old this month with the hands of a boy. Disgusting.
2. Take a tropical island trip- leaning towards St. Barts.
3. Come to a conclusion on my career path- this is the year I need to make my move on changes.
4. Spend more time building my relationship with God
5. Start taking pictures again- I used to be a pictures HOG and these days never take any- I miss them!
6. Learn how to RELAX- my anxiety and OCD tendencies have gotten out of hand. I need to learn how to chill out about the small stuff and enjoy life.
7. Exercise. Still havent stepped foot into the gym since July 2010. Wow.
8. Experience more culture and cuisine. Chris and I tend to fall into patterns and get "stuck" doing the same ole things... I am ready to try out new restaurants, try out cultural activities outside of our comfort zones...
9. Finish decorating- I know this will truly never been feasible since it IS something I love to do- so I will always be wanting to change something, but there are some pretty need-to-get-done-for-the-first-time items on our list that have got to be checked off, like, last year.
10. Learn to love to cook- at least a little bit more. This will be the year's biggest fete... notice it also being the last on the list.

:)

What are YOUR To-dos of 2012??

No comments:

Post a Comment