Wednesday, May 16, 2012

mother's day weekend recap

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend! I know I did. Friday night, we had a gender reveal celebration with friends at our home, where my lovely girlfriends brought me a huge pink cake and pink chocolate covered strawberries. We spent the evening catching up, talking babies and spending time with each other. Two of our friends brought their little ones, and Copper even shared a paci with one of them.



We also announced our little girl's name- Rilynn Elise. We love her name and love that we don't know a single soul who owns it. :)
Saturday was my seester's birthday so we spent the afternoon at Mudbugs & Music down at the Avondale Brewery, & when the bottom dropped out and it started pouring, we hopped over to Tin Roof for some grub (I hate crawfish).



Sunday was Mother's Day, which was filled with lots of love. I got many sweet texts from friends wishing me a Happy Mother's Day (although Rilynn isn't exactly here yet, I am still mothering her in the womb, right!?!), and both my mom and mother-in-law gave me & Rilynn sweet Mother's Day gifts. Mom gave me a precious necklace that has baby feet engraved on one charm, a charm to have Rilynn's name engraved on it, and the other charm has "fearfully & wonderfully made" engraved on it. It is so precious and special. She also gave me a children's book titled If I Could Keep You Little and wrote a sweet message inside the cover. My MIL gave me a precious pink & white driftwood frame to add above Rilynn's dresser as well as her first pair of socks/booties!





Both of our mothers are so thoughtful and caring. They have been great mothers to Chris and I and we are very thankful to have them as our baby girl's grandmothers. I know we will be great parents thanks to our mothers' strong and supportive upbringings with us, and cannot wait for the years to come as they undoubtedly save us through our first years of child rearing.
It was a day filled with pasta, presents, laughter & love. And some series finale of Desperate Housewives...


Have a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment