Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tis the Season


I have been ridiculously bad about posting lately. Seriously, awful. Life has been crazy (I know, who's hasn't, right?) and I have not found much time to sit down at the computer to do anything but bills and work. Blah. Anyways, with no further adieu, here are some holiday homes that look spectacular for the most wonderful time of the year. In the meantime, I am scrambling pics together of my house this season. We are also in the process of completing our home office and I am ready to tackle MY room as a 2011 resolution (among many other things!) so I know I will have many posts in the near future of my abode in progress.

Rustic, woodsy winter decor is all the rave in my heart. I love a warm, soft glow in holiday decor that only comes from the softer colors. Nothing too bright and yes, I will say it, green and red. In the winter, I want wood beams in my ceilings (ok, I want those all the time), plaid and wool pillows, winter bedding, antlers, moose prints, and shearling. Black labs, a home library, pine trees and snow. Toboggans, a fire pit, oh, geez. Who am I kidding?! For those of you who have a suburban home AND a mountain home, count your blessing... or give me the spare keys.



I love the magnolia leaves as a different trend to the traditional pine. Flanking trees in massive, weathered pots really adds another spin on a classic. I love the modern and bold prints on the chair/pillow... and I see my beams, again!


There are many things I love about this room. First off, the wallpaper and the high chair molding. Yum. Secondly, this chandelier is not what I would normally gravitate towards, but it works so well in this traditional, classic room. And although I don't like red and green overload, the colors are used perfectly in this room- poinsettias, fruit & boxwood. The use of every day items in holiday colors looks beautiful. I love that the tablescape is made out of lemons, boxwood & ribbon.


The green and yellow ornaments hanging from the banister are actually small fruit pinned into a foam mold. The lemons used in the dining room appear again here on the front door and in table arrangement. And check out these gorgeous floors, would ya!?



One easy way to add rustic elements to your holiday decor? Natural colored gift wrapping paper. You could even use other papers that look like natural elements such as birchwood or linen. Tie them with a burlap bow and you have brought some outdoors, in!


Add holiday color and coordinate your tree by changing the throw pillows and using similar colors in wrapped gifts under the tree. I love the use of different green tones throughout this room- and no red at all.


Of all things natural, I think this is as close as you will get in a room with heat! Is there anything I don't adore in this room? I feel the holiday without a bit of color, and due to the fact that it just plays up the Winter theme versus the Christmas theme, it can stay put through January/February (well, down here in the South. For those further north, even longer!).


Hello love. Please come home.

True hardwood flooring, lovely beams, a not-too-perfect tree, minimal ornaments & never obnoxious gift wrapping= a truly elegant, natural non-stuffy holiday.


Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment