Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Home for the Holidays


The holidays have always been my favorite time of the year. I do love when it is over and the air is warming... and I do love the crisp breeze of coming Fall, but the colors, lights, smells, foods, friends, family, songs, events and decorating of the Christmas season can never be replaced! I decorated the house a week before Thanksgiving this year. That seems early even for me but my dear Auburn Tigers have stolen my heart this year (SEC Champions- War Eagle!) and I had to plan my decorating around their football schedule. I know, I know.
Anyways, my last post was a while ago and I was talking about these amazing stockings I found on Etsy. I have now hung them in their new home and they love it there (so.do.I.). Mr. Mister hung lights on the outside of the house this year and they look fantastic, and I have displayed my Vietri Christmas plates in the kitchen. Other than that, most of my Christmas decor is repeated from last year- but I just love my rustic Christmas theme and don't see myself steering from it anytime soon. Here are some pics of our home for the holidays.

Here is my tree and mantle. I have started collecting Old World Christmas ornaments but only have those that were given to me. I am planning to buy more after the season this year, when they go on sale. I have a good 20 that I want in the future and hope that next year the tree won't be so bare. Do not note that there are only 2 gifts under the tree. But do note the awesome stockings on the mantle, and the clip of The Family Stone playing on the tube. :)


I picked this wreath up at Target. I love the Smith & Hawkens line that they carry- and the seasonal wreaths are always a treat. I had moss covering my buffet last year but it was a bit messy and I was a bit lazy this year. So this time around, you got pinecones & birch-covered candles.



 The Vietri Santa plates were a gift from my mother-in-law. I love that they are each different and I wanted to display them. Hanging them on the wall seemed like the most logical answer for showcasing them.


Mr. Mister put lights on our house this year. I love them!! They decorate the house in a very simple, sleek way. No mess, straight lines. And boy, are they bright! Wreaths are hung with brown ribbon on the windows. I allowed hubs to leave out the bonus room window this year, but I have already decided it will have to be added into the decor next year. As will the tree in the yard, and the spotlights will need some tweaking so they showcase the wreaths on the windows a little more. But I won't start the Honey-Do list just yet... ;)


And as a little bonus to my Christmas post, here is a picture of Husband and I during a Heisman (Go Cam!) Party last Saturday. The owner of this fabulous tree spent a lot of time, ahem, and money, putting this puppy up. 300+ lights, all Auburn ornaments, Auburn shakers, and pictures of friends and family at past Auburn games make this a one-of-a-kind tree. The presents are wrapped in orange and blue, and the tree topper says it all.


Here is her tree from afar, in addition to an Auburn mantle-orange roses and burnt orange, frosted ornaments. I really love the little hunting souvenir above the fireplace. War Cam Christmas, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment